Friday, July 30, 2021

A Week at Flabbey Road

 Phew! What a week it's been.

I've spent much of it holed up at Flabbey Road, recording the audio version of the book. And, what do you know, I managed to record the lot, you know, all of it. I also did the music and sound effects, all on my new Korg Nautilus keyboard. I have sent the files to my producer, who has got back to me with a few pickups - bits I've had to record again, because of background noise; or because what I said was unclear (my teeth got in the way); or I consistently mispronounced 'Tyrannosaurus' as 'Chicago'. She'll get back to me with more next week.

As well as that I have been hunkered down (on Zoom) with my publicity team, planning our campaign. As a result of that, I've been drafting ideas for Op-Ed pieces; writing scripts for a series of podcasts; and getting ideas together for a Special Promotional Item -- more news on these as they happen.

I must say, promoting a book is as busy and intense as writing it in the first place. But just as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment